Our vision is for the Pacific Exporters’ Network of New Zealand (PEN) to play a constructive role in doubling the current level of trade and the trade surplus with Pacific Island countries within the next 5 years (to 2018). The current trade is $1.5 billon – surplus is $1.3 billon.
Our vision will be achieved by:
- Identify barriers that inhibit New Zealand’s Pacific trade and seek solutions that remove them.
- Encourage a significant increase in New Zealand’s trade representation throughout the Pacific.
- Identify and work with willing partners to achieve our vision.
- Arrange trade missions to Pacific countries and territories.
- Engage with the Government and its agencies in support of our vision.